6.26.2008

KZYX HypnoBirthing Interview

I often give presentations about natural birth. Sometimes I'm doing interviews, sometimes I'm preaching to the choir (speaking at midwifery conferences), sometimes I'm speaking to quite a varied audience (like nursing students).

Afterward, I sometimes feel I 'nailed it'. These days, I consider those my 'Obama' presentations. So far, thank heavens, I haven't had any I considered 'Bush' moments. Tonight however, I feel like I was off my mark; sort of a McCain awkwardness. That makes me sad, because Chris Skyhawk was wonderful, and I was very cognizant that I was representing HypnoBirthing(R) to a large audience.

Normally I have my references on the tip of my tongue and can recall the most relevant of facts. I can sound somewhat intelligent for the most part.

Tonight I was reaching. I didn't feel like I answered the very thoughtful questions Chris asked in the most eloquent of ways. I have no idea why. I wish I could predict when I'd be able to hit the mark and when I wouldn't.

In any case, at the end of the interview, suddenly I heard dead air. There was nothing on the other end and I thought I lost Chris. I'm not sure if I did or not, but when I next heard him, he explained that they were getting updates on fires that are raging there.

So, for all you in CA, I wish I could send you some of the copious amounts of water we've had here. My thoughts are with you as you battle the blazes.

No comments: